mercredi 8 février 2012

RIMAR

RIMAR’s music tucks in-between and borrows from a multitude of genres, including new wave, electronic, and pop !  If you love chillwavefunky music this is made for you !

http://rim4r.com/

https://www.facebook.com/rimar.xx



















RIMAR's interview

So what goes on in a typical day of Rimar?

I spend a lot of my time trying to make new music, working, spending time with friends & watching films and documentaries.


When did you start making any kind of music?

I first started experimenting with music in high school. A friend introduced me to djing. I branched off that, attempting to make my own mixes and remixes - which eventually led to me playing around on free beat making software. I made beats for local rappers and singers.


How do you go about writing songs? What sort of set up do you have for recording/producing?

There's no definitive way to how I make my music. It manifests itself in many ways. Sometimes a song sample will cue me in on an idea. Other times I begin by playing different melodies or designing different sounds.


Have you always written songs like this?

My music always changes. It's consistently a product of the moment - of how I feel and based off what kind of visual and musical influences I'm into at the time. My newest effort sounds similar, but very contextually different that my first ep, Higher Ground. And the project before was strictly hip hop instrumentals.

It’s evident you’ve got a love for R&B and Hip Hop. Which Hip Hop artists have influenced your
sound?


A lot of the mainstream, radio artist sculpted the way my music sounds. Kanye, Usher, Nas, R. Kelly, Alicia Keys...to name a few.


You’ve been termed as ‘chillwave’, how do you feel about it? Do you feel that you are a ‘chillwave’
artist?


It's a lovely comparison, I suppose - since so many people do feel a certain way about chillwave. It's interesting to see people trying to define music into genres and subgenres.


If you collaborate with anyone, who would it be?
There's a lot of musicians I've became friends with online. I'd love to finally find time to collaborate with them... Smoke Room, Ra Cailum. They're both immensely talented.


Future plans?


I'd just like to release more music.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire