dimanche 8 janvier 2012

CRAFT SPELLS

Californian band Craft Spells make sparky, fresh-faced guitar pop of the sort that’s always going to be perking people up !

https://www.facebook.com/CraftSpells

www.myspace.com/craftspells
















Caft Spell's interview


 The album is amazing, congratulations. Can you tell me a bit about when and how you recorded it?
It was recorded in California at my parent’s house during the winter of 2009. I didn’t own any instruments at that time. I borrowed most of the equipment from my friends and did all the recordings out of my bedroom only using a shitty shure mic, squire guitar/bass and a laptop. 


Had you been writing it as whole for a while or was it all just pieced together from a collection of songs you had?

I started to understand the aesthetic 
of my writing after recording the 2nd song. It just flowed. Song after song I started to finally find myself as a songwriter.  After 2 months I had the blueprint of what would be the LP.


 "After the moment" is one of my favourite cuts from the album, when you released it did you expect the reaction to be so strong to it?

Thank you!
After I wrote the song I burnt it on a mix CD to play in my car to hear it on something else other than a macbook /earbuds. Played it for my dad when I had to pick him up from the airport. He said he loved it. That’s good enough for me.


How did Craft Spells come about?

It was a Post college/Fuck my job/Back home with parents/women are terrible kind of situations.


What would you describe as your biggest influences, both musical and otherwise?

Brian Wilson of the beach boys.


How has touring been for you?

Touring has been great! I went from never leaving the state to traveling all over the world. Shit is hella crazy.


 Any particular great audience while touring?
Stockholm was my favorite-hands down. They truly understand pop music with a passion.

Finally, would you be able to name your top three albums of all time?

Not my top but these are pretty high up there:

Beach Boys- "Smile", Miles Davis- "Kind of Blue", My Bloody Valentine- " Loveless"

 What was the craziest thing that happen to you on stage?
During the encore someone stole my favorite hat off the stage after it falling off my head.

THANK YOU J

Thank you!

2 commentaires: