mercredi 21 décembre 2011


PART TIME

..A melody that recalls the unremembered  1980 !
Davida Speck makes the kind of music I wish I could make (but can’t, don’t and never will).

Take a listen to any of his songs, they are all fantastic!

























Davida's interview

Where are you from ?
Texas, fucking U.S !

Your sound is very unique who makes the beat ?
I make the beat

What has influenced your sound the most?
Cool music,bands from the 90'S80'S 70'S 60' and 50'S...like the BeatlesThe cars,Dr Hooker,ZZ top,Prince,Iggy Pop, Joe Walsh,Billy Swan, Billy Ocean...just to name a few 

Your single Thunderbolts of love” is incredible. There’s so many sounds in it, how long did it take to make?
It took like a day

What's the meaning behind the title THUNDERBOLTS OF LOVE?
No real meaning, it's just a line I ripped off of a song from a song writer I like. It 's from a Kim Fowley song.I'm a huge Fowley fan!!

When you were growing up, did you play any instruments?  I see that you are more into the electronics side of things with a keyboard and a bunch of effects.
Guitar is my primary instrument.That's what I learned growing up,and that's what I love.A:ll the other instruments I play are just things I kinda know how to play and write songs with too

What were you listening to while making the album?
My roomate making love with his girlfriend (laugh) ..and probably some of what I mentioned in Q3.

Are you friends with any of those chillwave guys?
Some, yeah...like Ariel Pink and MattFishbeck,Sam Flax and Higher color...I don't necessarily know if I could call them chill wave though.

Describe your music in three words
Cool?Pop?Rock?

Any particular bands you'd like to tour with in the future?
Just any that are respectable and that are making lots of money!

 What should we expect in the near future from Part Time?
More songs and maybe a baby and a wife too! 


 Merci Davida Loca ! x



















Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire